Not only do I like to entertain guests around my table, but I also like to have guests stay at the house. I love having a houseful during holidays.
The secret to entertaining is to always make your guests feel special. Be gracious, be kind, and be caring, and your guests will always feel welcome and at home. Since hosting house guests is an art form, there are some easy tricks that make visitors feel really special.
Today I’m sharing a few easy ways to get your home holiday guest ready just in time for guests to arrive. Take note and get excited!
Tip 1: Make your guest rooms feel glamorous:
- Make sure the sheets are soft, well laundered, fresh, crisp, and pretty.
- Place flowers, books, and magazines on the side table.
- Put out a brand new scented candle, and don’t forget the matches.
- Have plenty of pillows and blankets in the closet.
- Place a couple of bottles of water in the room.
- Make sure you go over how the television works.
- Show guests where the temperature controls are, especially if guests are on a different floor from where you are.
Tip 2: Zhush-up the bathroom, too:
- Place fresh soap in the shower/bath.
- Put out plenty freshly laundered towels – lots of them.
- Place some fresh flowers on the counter.
- Have a basket filled with extra toothpaste and tooth brushes.
- Have a hair dyer on hand.
- Go the extra mile and hang a freshly laundered robe for each guest
Tip 3: Have snacks and food available in a self serve station:
- Make your kitchen available for guests to help themselves.
- Have plenty of fresh fruit in a large bowl on the counter in the kitchen.
- Have a self serve coffee station. I personally love a Nespresso machine in the guest room or kitchen for guests to make themselves a cup in the morning. Don’t forget to add all the necessary accessories like sugar or even chocolate!
- Cookies or other small nibbles like nuts are a nice touch.
The most important tip is to check out the guest room and the guest bath before your guests arrive. Make sure you have everything on hand for guests. Once guests depart, don’t forget to replenish. Everything should be full, fresh, and attended to in your guest room. It’s just like running a hotel; the most important things are the details.
Happy Holidays and enjoy of all your house guests!
Photos from Better Homes and Gardens
Kitchen Photo from Coin Cafe Pour La MasionAll bedroom decorating ideas bedroom styling behind the scenes Christmas Holiday Decor clean your house Decor Entertaining flowers and prep Holiday Holiday Entertaining Holidays Uncategorized : Tags: annette joseph, Behind the Scenes, entertaining, family, friends, holiday house guests, holidays, hostessing, house guests, organization, tips and tricks