By now the holiday season has kicked in and if you don’t have a date on the calendar for the office party… it’s time to panic. Just kidding. Kind of. Regardless, I am here to help plan and tackle any last minute details that may crop up with these quick and easy tips. In my last Holiday Council post I talked to you about some holiday party organizing ideas (with help from my holiday go-to Staples). You should now have a fully stocked “party pantry” in place, in fact you’re feeling like a pro with stocking plates, napkins, and holiday wrap. You’ve also narrowed down the games and even added plenty of drinks and snacks. Everything you need for your party is at your finger tips!
Here are the final checklist items:
1. Enlist help. Pick 3 people to help set up and another 3 to help break down. (Hint* Pick the more “crafty” bunch for set up)
2. Make these flower arrangements. Psssst… you can use them as prizes for the games, too! What a pretty way to perk up a cubical and it’s a frugal idea if your budget seems stretched. If you need a refresher just take a piece of wrapping paper, cut to the width of the vase, roll the vase onto the paper and secure with washi tape. Add water and flowers et voila! Drama and decor in 2 minutes flat.
3. Get your beverages organized! Pull together your favorite bottles of wine and use these Martha Stewart for Staples tags as wine markers! Yes please and make mine a white wine. 🙂
4. Wrap up any staff presents, prizes, or takeaways (think good chocolate, wine, locally made preserves). Have I mentioned how much I love washi tape?! The perfect accessory for wrapping presents.
5. Make sure you have the playlist queued up on your Pill Speaker System. Poll the office for some of their favorite holiday classics.
6. Stock up on plenty of sweet and salty snacks. Think popcorn, nuts, peanut butter-filled pretzels, and yogurt covered pretzels.
Dim the lights, turn up the music, start pouring the wine and let the party begin! Happy Holidays from me and my partner in crime, Staples. Let’s Party!
*Everything you will need is at Staples (in stores or order online at Staples.com with free delivery for rewards members or for orders over $19.99 for non-members). This post is in partnership with Staples. All opinions are my own.
Entertaining : Tags: holiday council, holiday office party, holidays, party planning, staples