I am known as the hostess with the mostess. As a prop-stylist, producer and entertaining guru, it is essential that I be ultra organized. In the next few weeks, I (along with a little help from Staples) will show you how to be the best producer of your own gatherings during the holiday season.
My stylist secret number 1 is to be prepared. Preparation takes all of the stress out of any party or last minute gathering. Being prepared makes you look like a star and if you’re relaxed so are your guests. Let me walk you through a few steps that will help take the guess work out of being ready for anything. You can start by visiting Staples Holiday Center to pick up your supplies…
Prepare by stocking a “Party Pantry” using my supply list:
I have broken it down to 3 components: Prep, Party, and Clean up (the full list will be at the bottom for easy shopping!). As a host, being organized means less stress more fun. I like to place all of my supplies in an actual Party Pantry. This means placing all the elements of a party in one easy location to make for effortless entertaining. You just pull everything you’ll need from a central spot stocked with all the items you’ll need to assemble a party in a snap. A relaxed host is a happy host, that’s my motto. Here’s how to assemble your “party pantry and tool box” :
- Find a central place to put everything. It can be a storage room, spare closet, or even the garage. If it’s a room with shelves… it will work.
- Now load up your pantry with the following items according to categories: Prep, Party, and Clean up.
- Prep will include invitations as well as a nice notebook and pen for organizing tasks.
- Party will include party supplies like paper plates, cups, napkins, and tablecloths. Party will also include wrapping paper and washi tape (perfect to use as holiday runners or for wrapping vases or gift boxes). Utensils and snacks, drinks, wine markers, playlists (check out the portable beats pill for an amazing sound) and party favors for the guests will all live here as well. I like going the extra mile and wrapping candy or popcorn and creating a unique tag, a great inexpensive way to make the event special.
- Clean up will include: paper towels and liquid cleaners (I love Seventh Generation) and trash bags.
Being prepared well before the party begins is the key to enjoying your own party. I suggest that you have your party pantry set up year round, make sure to keep it stocked and then you will ready to party at the drop of a hat. Staples makes that part easy. Now Let’s Party!
Pens – I love a good pen like these AvantSyle with SilkScribe. Luxurious!
Scissors – invest in a good pair of scissors like these Wescott all-purpose scissors that will make tireless cutting feel less like a chore.
Washi tape – there are about a million uses for washi tape. I’m loving this variety pack by Scotch Tape .
Invitations + cards – if you are on a budget, this gorgeous black and white damask kit will surely fit the bill. Includes 50 invitations. You can also make personalized holiday invitations, holiday cards and even thank you cards, through Staples Copy & Print Center where they have hundreds of different holiday styles.
Labels – keep your party pantry organized with these chalkboard labels.
Paper Plates – paper plates are a huge time saver and make clean up a breeze. Here is a pack of 50 plates that are stylish and easy.
Paper Napkins – same goes for paper napkins. Easy breezy.
Tablecloth – tablecloths are a total Godsend. Roll up and toss when you’re done with your fabulous party.
Cups – I can’t tell you how many times I’ve benefitted from having stocked plenty of SOLO cups in my pantry. Always a winner.
Utensils – make sure to have plenty of plastic utensils on hand.
Wrapping paper – like I mentioned above, wrapping paper has so many uses. It’s a real multi-tasker. Love this reversible polka dot paper.
Tags for wine markers – these large red ElastiNotes tags make fabulous gift tags!
Food items – stock up on snacks like popcorn, pretzels, and nuts.
Drinks – make sure to keep plenty of drinks in your pantry as well. I love a good iced tea with lemon.
Paper Towels – paper towels are imperative to quick and easy party clean-up.
Cleaner – I love using eco-friendly cleaners like this All-purpose cleaner from Method
*Everything you will need is at Staples (in stores or order online at Staples.com with free delivery for rewards members or for orders over $45 for non-members). This post is in partnership with staples. All opinions are my own.
Entertaining : Tags: holiday council, party pantry, party planning, staples