If you’re headed to a last minute cookout today, I’ve got a perfect side for you: fresh English pea salad. This recipe was a hit for one of our recent stories in Atlanta Magazine’s HOME, and since then, I’ve seen variations at different restaurants.
In fact, Atlanta icon, Taqueria del Sol makes an incredible version with jalapenos. The flavor profiles will remind you a lot of Southern staples like deviled eggs and potato salad, but the snap of the peas is exactly the cool crunch you need for a great summer side.
Fresh English Pea Salad
For the salad, you will need:
– 2 ½ cups fresh English peas, shelled and blanched (or frozen peas defrosted if in a pinch!)
– 1 cup celery with leaves, diced fine
– ½ cup parsley, chopped
– 6–8 medium radishes, sliced very thin
– 4 large eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, and still warm
– 1½ cups Irish cheddar cheese, grated
– ½ cup baby arugula
For the dressing, you will need:
– ½ cup Dukes mayonnaise
– 1 ½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
– 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
– Juice of one lemon
– Salt and cracked pepper to taste
– 2 tablespoons very fine olive oil
Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl. Mix the dressing ingredients until well blended, and toss. Just before serving, garnish with a ring of baby arugula.
PHOTOGRAPH BY RAFTERMEN
Styling by me4th of July All Atlanta Magazine Home celebration cooking dinner party Entertaining holiday recipes Holidays Parties photostyling photostyling like a pro Recipes Uncategorized vegatarian food : Tags: annette joseph, Behind the Scenes, entertaining, food styling, friends, holidays, photography, recipe, recipes, summer