With my cookbook (Picture Perfect Parties by Rizzoli) only weeks away from launching, I thought it would be fun to showcase some of my favorite “picture perfect” party accessories for different themes. This week is all about the bake sale. Fall brings with it such amazing flavors for baking… cinnamon, apple, pumpkin, nutmeg. You could easily throw a party focused on your favorite bake sale goods. Think wax paper wrapped treats tied with simple string (or even this beautiful felt leaf ribbon), stripes, metal trays and cake stands, simple rustic details, and kraft paper lined tables. You could throw a bake sale themed wedding shower or birthday party for the budding baker. Thanksgiving is on the horizon, why not incorporate some of these elements into your dessert table?
1. I love these IceMilk Aprons so much that I featured one in my book. The heirloom quality and classic good looks make the apron look like it’s part of your outfit. Perfect for any hostess!
2. This bark bowl comes in a variety of shapes and would make a great vessel for folded cloth napkins or to fill with baker’s twine as a centerpiece.
3. Pumpkin Pie sauce. Need I say more? I love the old fashioned packaging and this would be perfect for drizzling over pie a la mode.
4. This bake sale kit from Shop Sweet Lulu has everything you need to get started: cellophane bags, tags, cake toppers, and plenty of striped twine.
5. Last but not least, this beautiful felt leaf garland could be used for a number of things… packaging, tied as a napkin holder, part of your gift wrap. Screams fall!Entertaining Party Accessories : Tags: bake sale, fall parties, my book, picture perfect parties