One of the Pantone colors of the year in 2016 is a lovely shade of pale blue, serenity. While you might not realize it, stylists have to be on our up and up with color trends. These trends will shape the next months and years and will pop up everywhere.
This month, I am crushing on serenity which is perfect because it’s just in time for spring and Easter.
- Sconce light fixture
- Bucket Bag
- Nail Polish
- Lacefield Pillow
- Hand cream
color color for the home Crushing On Decor Design Inspiration Entertaining Shopping Uncategorized
: Tags: annette joseph
, color crush
With Valentine’s Day this weekend, it only seemed appropriate to wrap-up the week with a color I’m certainly crushing on recently: red. I love red. In fact, I love it so much that my work table in my office is a vibrant red shade. What can I say? It keeps me focused throughout the day.
Traditionally, the color red evokes feelings of energy, vigor, and of course, passion. Incorporate red into your wardrobe, your office, and even your kitchen for a punch of color. Add a subtle splash of it whenever you can, but most of all, enjoy being festive with the ones you love this weekend.
- Record Player
- Diptyque candle
- Sephora cream lip lip stain
- Swingline stapler
- Tory Burch saddle bag
- Martiniano glove shoe
- Hay storage boxes
- Williams-Sonoma heart platter
- KitchenAid stand mixer
What’s your favorite way to enjoy red?
color color for the home Crushing On Decor Design Inspiration Uncategorized valentine's day
: Tags: color
, color crush
, crushing on
, valentines day
The Pantone color of the year, Marsala, was announced earlier this year, but I’m just now starting to see it pop up everywhere. Marsala’s deep red-brown hue is perfect for fall in every way, and it seems like everyone is capitalizing on its beauty. It’s an earthy shade that embodies total versatility: you can wear it, decorate with it, and even drink with it (after all, it is named after a beautiful red wine!). Here are just a few of the Marsala things that I’ve been crushing on:
1. Bobbi Brown sheer lip color in Telluride: Every gal needs a go-to fall lip color, and this one may be mine!
2. Aquatalia by Marvin K. tennis shoes: A tennis shoe that I can dress up or down and packs a punch with a marsala suede back? Sold!
3. Dipped coffee mug: It’s no secret that I love coffee, and I can definitely see getting a ton of use out of this dipped mug.
4. Saint Laurent handbag: I love the gold detailing on this bag; it’s stunning.
5. Monroe Mid-Century sofa: Whether in fashion or in your home, marsala is incredibly versatile.
color color for the home Crushing On Decor Design Inspiration Fashion Uncategorized
: Tags: color
, color of the year
, pantone color
One of my favorite things to do on Pinterest is to put together boards inspired by a color.
Right now my color inspiration is yellow, probably because spring starts on Friday. From yellow books to yellow fashion to yellow flowers, I am really feeling the color recently. It’s just so vibrant and fun. What inspires you to create Pinterest boards? I would love to know! Please link me to your boards in the comments section because I would love to follow you. In the meantime follow my YELLOW BOARD here: “Call Me Mellow Yellow”
color color for the home Crushing On Design Inspiration neon brights Pinterest spring decor spring fashion Uncategorized
: Tags: color
, color story
, pinterest boards
, spring colors
, spring fashion
I am days away from jetsetting to Italy for some girl time and relaxation. I can hardly stand the wait. A vacation has me craving candy colors and all things bright and fancy-free! The last few months have been a whirlwind of shooting, recipe testing, and writing. I celebrated the completion of my cookbook manuscript with a little soireè at my house over the weekend. I had a bunch of my friends over for bubbly and tons of food made from the recipes in my book. It was an incredible moment that was amazing to share with my family and friends, I’ll never forget it. We even filmed a little book trailer, so you’ll get a peek into the party and a taste of the cookbook in just a few short months!
- Bonbon lamps – these incredible lamps are one of a kind and available upon request by designer Ana Kras. Handmade. The colors of divine and the shapes are so unique.
- Large beach basket tote – since we’ll be spending some time by the water I can’t help but gravitate towards this amazing beach tote, complete with pom poms. Who doesn’t love a good pom pom?!
- Color mix statement necklace – this necklace would complete any outfit. I mean, the brass and “candy-store color palette” are brills. Throw this on with a tee shirt and jeans or over an punchy dress. Done.
- Candy-striped basket – these baskets scream summer. They would be an instant jolt of color for your home. Love the stripes and they come in a selection of great colors.
- Frocks by Boden – Boden has it going on right now. So many great cuts in their dresses and a rainbow of colors to choose from. Hard to pick just one…
: Tags: candy colors