As most of you know, our next workshop is coming up quickly and will be happening in June. What you might not know, is that I am off to Italy in just a few short days. I am going to do some more house hunting, research for future workshops, take my own workshop (yes, I like to learn, too), and prepare for our Italy workshop. Lots to do!
When I travel to Italy for the summer, I concentrate on packing items that are comfortable and chic, but still very practical. I wanted to share some of my favorite things to pack for Italy to inspire some of my workshop attendees (yipee!) and to inspire you to think about your own travel wardrobes.
What I pack for Italy:
- Leather sandals – can’t leave home without sandals for the summer
- Ruffle sleeve top – perfect for lunches by the sea
- Cross-body bag
- Casual dress
- Chuck Taylors (a classic!) – for touring, lounging, or teaching
- Chic dress
- Close-toed clogs – for navigating cobblestone and other interesting Italian terrain
- White jeans – no description required; they’re a summer staple
- Breezy dress – can be dressed up or down
- Backpack – for camera supplies and beyond
What are your must-have items when traveling in the summer? I’d love to hear what your must-packs are!
behind the scenes Closet Organization great bags italian riviera italy my picks Travel
: Tags: Behind the Scenes
, italian riviera
, pack for italy
, packing list
, tips and tricks
, what i pack
As most of you know, I will be taking a group with me to style + photograph in Marrakech, Morroco.
What you may not know is what I like to pack.
I want to share some of my favorite travel items geared especially for this very special creative adventure. I like to pack light with only 13 essentials on my list, and I always pack with comfort in mind.
Since we will be in Marrakech in February, the temperatures will still be cool yet moderate, so layering and scarves are essential.
I like to go with a minimalist color palette and add a little zing with accessories like scarves and jewelry. Over the years, I have collected Moroccan beads and chokers and bracelets that I always pack. These things are practical and sentimental as all of these pieces have a story and an adventure linked to them.
What to pack for Marrakech:
- A vest and a jacket are my 2 essentials. I love my suede fringe jacket; it’s a great piece to throw over a dress in the evening.
- Long ethnic dress
- Comfortable boots
- Ballet flats or low, block heels for evening, the streets can be quite uneven so I like to stay away from high heels
- Long Sleeve tees black and white
- Leggings and jeans
- 3 cotton shirts I love Olive Drab as a color option
- Beaded necklace
- Messenger bag Although since we carry a camera, I use my ONA camera bag on the streets.
- Lots of scarves
What are some of your travel essentials? Any must haves?
Crushing On Marrakech my picks photography Shopping style lessons Travel Uncategorized Workshops
: Tags: annette joseph
, Behind the Scenes
, tips and tricks