We’re gearing-up for our fall workshops around here which start soon. Workshop guests are starting to nail down their plans for their free day. One of the options that I always recommend they take advantage of is truffle hunting.
Truffle hunting in Italy is an experience unlike any other. It’s a truly immersive expedition…plus you get to hang out with a cute dog all day! What’s not to love about that?
I wanted to share what you can expect during a truffle hunt in Italy. That way, if you’re headed here for a fall workshop, or if it’s on your mind for the future, you know what fun you’re getting yourself into!
What to expect:
- Hunting for truffles is a year-round activity which means the hunt happens during all temperatures and weather.
- Moisture has much to do with the harvest, and rain is a very important factor in the number of truffles annually. The more rain, the more truffles. In other words, bring comfy walking shoes that you can get dirty!
- Hunting with dogs will be with you on your trip. Dogs are more delicate and hunt with their paws. They’re cute, but keep in mind they are working.
- Truffles can be found all over the forest floors, not just the roots of trees, so keep your eyes (and nose) peeled.
- Once the hunt is done, you’ll be craving all things truffles, so come ready to enjoy them!
Who’s ready to join us for a fall truffle hunting expedition?!All behind the scenes Events Fall Food Instagram italy my picks Notes from Italy Personal photography The Fortress Travel Tuscany Uncategorized Workshops : Tags: annette joseph, Behind the Scenes, fall, friends, italy, photography, photography workshop, resources, the fortress, travel, truffle hunting, workshop